Business Administrator Standard – Level 3
Outline of the Business Administrator Apprenticeship Course
Level 3 - Business Administrator Apprenticeship Standard
Apprentices must have a GCSE or equivalent in English and Maths, Grade 4 (C) and above.
Exact shift hours to be confirmed, working with employer for five days a week, and attending college in blocks.
What will the apprentice be doing?Duties will include (but will not be limited to):
- Taking in and handing out prescriptions
- Receiving and ordering stock
- Selling over the counter medicines
- Advising patients about medications
- Undertaking final checks on the prescriptions
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- There are multiple positions available for successful candidates upon completion of the apprenticeship such as office manager/coordinator, team leader/supervisor, specialist roles, etc.
- Successful candidate can choose to progress into further training or full employment
- There is the opportunity to develop and progress within the organisation if the apprenticeship is completed successfully
About the Course
Apprentices will be on the course for 12 months and an additional 3 months for the End-point assessment period.
Apprentices will be given National Minimum Apprentice Wage rate if they’re either:
- aged under 19
- aged 19 or over and in the first year of their apprenticeship
For second year of apprenticeship Apprentices will be given the National Living Wage for their age.
Please refre to : https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
For further standards details, please refer to : https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/business-administrator-v1-0